Wednesday, February 11, 2009

When it rains, it pours!

Well, if it's not one thing with Addison lately, it's something else. Over the past few weeks, not only has Addison been battling her UTI and a cold, but then on Tuesday (2/10) when I picked her up from daycare, she was covered head-to-toe in a rash. I've tried really hard not to be "that mom" that brings their kid to the doctor over every little thing, but I could not let this rash go without being checked out by a doctor. So off I went to urgent care (when all I wanted to do was go home and relax) and what did I find out? After 7 days of being on the "right" medication to take care of her UTI, she was finally having an allergic reaction. SERIOUSLY?!?! First she was put on a medication that couldn't kill the bacteria, then she was put on a medication that she was allergic to??? What are the chances?!?Anyway...the doctor recommended I take her off the meds and hope that the UTI had already resolved itself. So far, so good! Check out the picture just below of the rash on her face :( I might be kind of hard to see...sorry about that!
On a brighter note, Adam and I have been "working our plan" to try and finally lose my baby weight. After losing over half the weight I gained, I still have a ways to go. So, every evening, Adam and I go down to our workout room in the basement (that we've never really used, by the way) and work out for 20-30 minutes. Addison usually spends this time jumping in her jumperoo, but on this particular evening, all she wanted to do is walk with mama. It's surprising hard it is to strap that old weight back on and walk at a decent pace. She seemed to like it though, or at least it kept her from crying so we could actually work out!

Until next time!

No comments: