Friday, February 6, 2009

Fun Videos and Update

I wanted to upload a couple cute videos of Addison that I thought you might enjoy. The first one is of her laughing because mama was trying to make her eat her foot. For whatever reason, she thinks it's hilarious. The second one is of our new "babysitter"......also known as her jumperoo. This thing is amazing because it keeps her occupied for literally up to an hour! She's a jumping machine now and is hilarious to watch! Enjoy!

"Laughing Baby"

"Jumping Baby"

For those of you not already aware of what's been going on with Addison, on January 28th, I brought her in to the doctor because she began peeing so much that I had to up her 2 diaper sizes, it started to smell funny, and it had started to change color. Turns out, she has a urinary tract infection. The doctor said it could have been a result of several things...bad wiping (I sure hope not), going poop while she sleeps at night and bacteria getting in there, or could be because of poor kidney function. She was put on amoxicillin from Wednesday through Tuesday after the doctor when I received a surprising phonecall from her doctor. It turns out, amoxicillin was the one antibiotic that the bacteria was resistant to after getting the culture results back. What are the chances?!?

So for nearly a week, she wasn't getting better because she was on the wrong medication. She was then placed on Bactrim (a sulfa-based antibiotic) and the symptoms seem to have gotten a little better. However, on Monday morning she will be going to Children's Hospital to have kidney testing done. Because the doctor wasn't willing to rule out that this infection was caused by her kidneys, she will be sedated while a doctor tests her kidney function with an ultrasound and then conducts x-rays while injecting dye in a catheter to see where the dye goes. It's a little scary to think that our baby has to go through all this and she's not even 5 months old, but I'm glad I went with my instincts and brought her in to the doctor when I sensed that something wasn't quite right.

On top of all that, she finally got sick as a result of her daycare! Aren't daycares great?!? They're a breeding ground for sickness and viruses and Addison is the last of the kids at her daycare to finally get this flemmy cough that's been going around. She's been pretty miserable today, so hopefully we can get her well enough to have her kidney testing done on Monday. Here's hoping!

I thought I'd include some pictures and a link to her 4-month album since it's been a while since I've posted picture updates. Enjoy! Until next time blog followers!

Our little jumping bean!

Daddy & Addy during the Super Bowl

Click on picture below to see Addison's 4-Month album!

No comments: