Friday, November 28, 2008

2 Month Update + Thanksgiving

Once again, it's been a while since I last posted, so I have a lot of catching up to do! Miss Addison is changing so much each day, I just had to post an update! We are loving her more and more every day!!! Since my last post, we finally got around to painting her feet (a gift from Andy and MJ at the hospital), her neck is getting so strong that she's able to fully lift it when on her belly, she had her first "baby" massage, and of course, it was her FIRST THANKSGIVING!!!

Painting her feet was an absolute trip! This idea of Andy and MJ's was awesome...and something I may have to steal shamelessly when I know of someone who'll be having a baby. Addison was not the most cooperative baby when it came to painting and pressing her feet to the canvases. Good thing we didn't try to paint her hands because they're constantly in fist :)

Her feet look good enough to eat We were able to get a couple keepers We tried to keep the bathroom as clean as we could

Now, when it comes to how much she's changing, our daughter is absolutely amazing! She is a very animated baby when she wants to be and brings a smile to our face every day! She growing up so much that it pains me to know that I have to go back to work soon! I finally understand why some people don't return to work after having babies. Here are a few pictures of our silly little baby!

She's not a fan of having shirts go over her head...Hanging out with daddy (it's a nightly thing)"Look how strong I am, daddy!!!"Addison talking to her "silly star"

Addison's first Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful! Addison and I surprised Auntie Eno (Erin) at the airport with my parents on Wednesday night! It was great for Erin and Nat to meet Addison first thing when they came home. Then, on Thursday morning, the entire Fuchs family walked (or ran...) in the Turkey Trot 5K in downtown Minneapolis. It was a perfect day for a 3-mile walk! After the race, we went back to my parent's house for a fantastic Thanksgiving lunch (thanks mom!!!). Later that evening, the three couples went out for drinks and apps at Majors and left the little ones at home with Grandma & Grandpa. All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving day!!!

Our little turkey is ready for the race The Loch FamilyAuntie Eno after running the race
(she came and met up with the walkers) The Meyer Family Addison & Mommy hanging out after lunch

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the whole Fuchs family met at my mom and dad's to get our annual family picture taken. One of our neighbors generously offered to take our pictures for us and at least two pictures with me in them turned out great! Here are a couple of the better ones :)

The whole Fuchs family The Loch Family

After pictures, we all headed down to Great-Grandma and Grandpa Fuchs' house to spend the day with them and have lunch. I know they were happy to have all of us there so we could have a nice visit and they could finally meet their 11th great-grandchild! That's right! Grandma and Grandpa have 22 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. Needless to say, it's a full house on Christmas when the whole family gets together :) Here are a few pictures from our visit.

Miss Isabelle showing off her standing Eno, Nat, Madeline, Coco & Nanny (those are her dolls) Miss Isabelle's "funny" faceAddy and Mommy hanging out Daddy and Addy having a snack

Since Thanksgiving, life has gotten a lot more quiet just hanging out at home. Addison had her first "baby" massage (and I think she absolutely loved it!), she finally started sitting up in her Bumbo...hopefully she'll be sitting for real soon, and she has started to enjoy spending time every day under her activity gym. She's growing up so fast! I can't even believe it!!!

Addison's first "baby" massage Relaxing with daddy after her massage Hanging out in her Bumbo Hanging out with her toys "Wow! A poodle that doesn't lick me all the time!"

Until next time loyal blog readers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures Libby! Thank you for sharing! You look wonderful and your family is gorgeous! I am glad to see all is well with you!