Friday, April 4, 2008

Baby Practice

I meant to post this message earlier in the week, but I've been sick at home all week. I thought I could make it all winter without getting sick...but I wasn't that lucky. I've had hardly any sleep all week. Today's the first day I've actually felt human, so hopefully I'm taking a turn for the better.

Anyway, last weekend, Adam and I had an opportunity to watch our baby niece Isabelle overnight at our house while her mom and dad were in Mexico and my parents were with her big sisters in Iowa. What a great opportunity to prepare Adam and I for parenthood! Thankfully, Izzy B is just about the sweetest baby in the world, so even though she was sick and teething, she was still a joy to watch! I'm not even kidding!!! Here are a few pictures from our weekend so you can see what I mean :)

Izzy B in her favorite swing with her ducky

Izzy B working on her new tooth

Izzy having a blast in her swing...I told you she was the sweetest!

Andy and Mary Jo came over on Saturday night to have dinner with us and meet Isabelle. I used to think she was afraid of strangers, but she warmed up well to both of them! Then, on Sunday my parents met us at our house with Izzy's big sisters and Eno (my sister Erin) and we all went to Chuck E. Cheese's. Now that was an experience! The girls couldn't get enough of Chuck E. and the games, and I couldn't get enough of Izzy and the food. After Isabelle left with my parents, I went through baby withdrawl. I missed (and still miss) her so much! I actually cried the next day when I called my mom to check in and see how she was doing. Must be my crazy pregnancy hormones... I think this is a sign of great things to come for when our own child comes into this world. If I love my niece this much, I can only imagine how I'll be with my own baby :)

Till next time!

No comments: