Friday, March 14, 2008

Exciting Morning!

It's official! We just got done with our 12-week appointment and our baby has a strong heartbeat! It's amazing to think that our baby is only 2.5" long and yet, we can hear the heart already! We were a little nervous at first when our doctor couldn't find the heartbeat, but then she reassured us by telling us that our baby kept kicking the monitor away and that's why she was having troubles getting the heartbeat to come through on the doppler. Sounds like we have a stubborn little Libby on our hands :) Only a baby of mine would kick at a doctor as if to say "get out of here".

Anyway, we are absolutely thrilled to hear that our baby sounds great and that everything is right on track. We'll have another appointment in 4 weeks where we'll hear the heartbeat again, and then another one 4 weeks after that to have our first ultrasound and find out what we're having. I've had several dreams already of having a baby girl, but I would be absolutely ecstatic for both Adam and my dad if we were to have a boy! Maybe this baby will prove my premonition-like dreams wrong! I guess we'll see.... Just so you know, though, they haven't failed me yet with each of Meredith's pregnancies :)

Also, I've had several requests for pictures, and I'm sorry for being so forgetful. Adam and I are already planning on taking my "12-week" picture tonight, so I promise to post a picture soon. There isn't much to see yet, but it will be neat tracking my progress every 4 weeks or so to see how much my belly changes. It's obviously changed enough so that I have to wear maternity pants every day :) I'm not complaining...this is the most comfortable I think I've ever been in dress pants and jeans!

2 comments:

Leona said...

Congratulations to you both! How exciting for your families as well. You are truly blessed. Leona

Meyer Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys. You have so much to look forward to, the 1st kick/flutter that you'll feel, the ultrasound, feeling the baby kick from the outside, the 1st hiccups that you'll feel the baby have, the baby doing sommersaults in the middle of the night or partaking in some crazy karate class...and finally holding that precious little miracle that you created for the 1st time on his/her BIRTHday. Oh how I can't wait...love you both!