On January 13th, Adam and I officially found out that we're having a baby! We started trying at Christmas, so we were pretty amazed that we were able to get pregnant so quickly! We are so blessed and so excited to have our first child! Our baby is due September 24th, which is the same day as Abby Methven and Christian Hexum's birthdays...but it's also the same day as the Mid-Am Championship for Adam's work :) That wasn't very good timing, but that's life.
Mommy & Daddy T0-Be after telling my Dad
The first few weeks of my pregnancy were some of the most painful days I've experienced in a long time. The abdominal pain associated with all the changes my body was going through was so excruciating that I was forced to take several warm baths a day just to help the pain subside. During my first week of pain, I was so concerned that there was something wrong that I made an emergency appointment with my provider. She did a full exam including an internal ultrasound to confirm whether or not I had a ruptured ovarian cyst or an ectopic pregnancy. Thankfully, all was well and my hormone levels were normal...I just had to fight through the pain and hope that things would get better.On my Dad's birthday on January 26th, we decided to tell our families the good news that a new baby would be joining our clan. Adam was in Phoenix the entire week, so I had to come up with my master plan to break the news. I decided to tell our parents with baby appropriate picture frames like the one below. My mom was so funny because she literally looked at the frame for about 30 seconds before she realized what the inside said. So, we had a busy day having lunch with my family to tell them, visiting Marissa at her house to tell her, and then having dinner with Adam's parents to let them know that they were finally going to be grandparents!
One of my dad's birthday presents

On February 15th, Adam and I had our first "official" doctor appointment. Before we got pregnant, I decided that I would go to the Paul Larson OB/GYN clinic since it came highly recommended by Meredith. My doctor, Dr. Leitgen, is great and both grew up in Bloomington and went to the U of M, so we've had a lot to talk about. Everything at our appointment went great and we even set our next appointment for March 14th. At that appointment, we'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time, so we're super anxious for that!
Well, that's all for now until we have more updates :)
4 comments:
I can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey! Love you!
CONGRATS Libby & Adam, We are very excited for you.
John & Janey
Andy is already shopping for baby things...and I thought I was excited for you: )
I am so glad that you are doing great! Another baby to the Fuchs clan, OH ya!
Love, Jim and Diane
Post a Comment