Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Update

Hello again everyone! Just wanted to give you an updated on Addison Easter. At 18-months, she's become quite the little spitfire. From one day to the next, you have no idea if she'll like you or hate you. It's a bit of a roller coaster, especially for mommy. Her feelings for her daddy and grandparents don't seem to change, but her feelings for mommy are much more unpredictable. Whether it's because I'm hard on her or that I say "no" to her, I'm not quite sure, but there are days where she will literally scream if I want to kiss her or pick her up. It makes me a little sad, but I know that it comes with the territory.

Addison's second Easter was great! She had quite the busy weekend, but seemed to handle it well. Here's the rundown of her weekend.

  • FRIDAY - On Friday, she spent the day with mommy while her daycare lady was on holiday. The two of us waited for daddy to get home and then made Easter cookies...a tradition I hope to continue for years to come. Addison had a lot of fun and loved putting sprinkles on the cookies...and eating the sprinkles too. That evening, we all had Good Friday dinner with our friends Meagan and Pat and had a great time visiting with them.
  • SATURDAY - On Saturday, Addison went out to the zoo to see the farm babies with mommy, daddy, and Grandma Fuchs. The four of us had lunch out there and had a great time walking and seeing all the animals. Unfortunately, all the excitement meant that Addison didn't take a nap and was a bit of a terror that evening.
  • SUNDAY - On Sunday, we woke up early and Addison went to Easter mass with mommy, daddy, Grandma & Grandpa Fuchs, Meredith, Morgan, and Madeline. For the most part, Addison did ok, but it did require daddy to give her an ample amount of Cheerios. After church, we all went back to my mom and dad's house for lunch and a nice visit. That evening, Adam and I decided that it would be kind of fun to setup an Easter egg hunt for Addison in our back yard. I got a ton of great pictures! Addison did really well and had lots of fun finding all the eggs. I was surprised what a good eye she had for finding them! Overall, we had a great weekend!
Check out pictures of Addison ranging from 15-18 months and including Easter by click on the image below.
Addison: 15 - 18 Months

In keeping with tradition, here are the latest and greatest things that Addison is up to since the last time I posted.
  • She can now sing her entire ABC's from start to finish...excluding L,M,N,O which get a little confusing for her...including the "Now I know my ABC's..." part
  • She spontaneously breaks into song and even goes to sleep and wakes up singing
  • She's putting more and more sentences together
  • She loves playing outside, especially sliding down the slide on our deck, swinging on the swing, and throwing balls
  • Mommy has a new phone that has some of her favorite songs on it, so she now makes requests for which song she wants to listen to
  • She loves to look at flashcards and tell you what's on them
  • She is able to understand and answer questions, such as "Who scratched you?" when she came home from daycare with a scratch, and responded "Aiden"...I was pretty impressed!
  • She answers most questions with "no" even if the answer is "yes"
I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything at the moment. Until next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, she is SO cute!!