Monday, November 23, 2009

Addison's 14-Month Update

Well, it's been another month and Addison is changing so much that I don't even know where to begin. Once she started walking, there was no stopping her! She can't get enough of walking...across the room, across the furniture, on top of toys, everywhere! She's adjusting well to her new house and loves to get around. She's becoming a pro at going up stairs, but still has a problem coming down. She wants to walk down them facing forwards and hasn't figured out yet that she can get very hurt if she does that...and almost did!

We were outside one afternoon bagging leaves while we were letting Addison just be a kid...run around all bundled up without anyone saying no. That is until she starting climbing up the deck stairs. She got up one stair and I told her to get down. I looked away for a little while only to look back and saw that she was up four stairs. I yelled at her to get down...without remembering that she doesn't know how to come down stairs correctly...and tumble, tumble, boom! She fell down the stairs and smacked her head on the wrought-iron bench at the bottom. I immediately ran over and picked up my baby, crying without any noise coming out, so I knew it was bad. I held her so tight and I didn't want to look at the damage I caused. Adam ran over, looked at her head, and told me that she was fine, but that she needed to go inside. We brought her in, cleaned up the dirty scratch and bump on her head, and brought her back outside. She was such a trooper!

Addison isn't only getting around everywhere, but she's talking up a storm! I can't believe how much she's picking up from one day to the next. She now says:
"thank you"
"there you go" (though it sounds more like "taco")
"hi puppy"
"hi blankie"
"hi mommy"
"hi daddy"
"milk" (and demands it often)
"up" (which means up and down)
most animal noises, she'll repeat if you ask her to
"a book" (she always wants to read!)
"bye bye"
"cracker"
"cookie"
"Elmo" (she loves Elmo , even though she doesn't watch Sesame Street)

Here are a few pictures since the last time I posted so you can see how big she's getting. Don't forget to check out our picture site often! I've included the link to the web album at the bottom. That's all for now!

Ever wonder what happens when you get applesauce in your hair? All the girls at the Landscape Arboretum for Grandma's birthday
The Loch Family
Our dirty baby on Halloween
Our sweet little monkey
She reminds me of the kid from "A Christmas Story"
Click here to go to the 12-18 month web album
Addison: 12 - 18 Months

No comments: