Let me tell you now that I truly believe in the power of prayer! On April 22nd, the doctors were set to remove the breathing tube from my Grandpa and the family was on pins and needles. However, when my aunt Mary Kay went in to check on him that morning, he was awake, alert, and waving at her as she entered the room. Not the greeting she was expecting! They extubated him as planned and amazingly, he's been on the road to recovery ever since! He was discharged from the hospital this past week and was admitted into the Lake City hospital to continue his rehabilitation before going home. He is such a fighter and I feel so blessed that he's been doing so well! After several trips back and forth to Rochester over the course of a week, Addison and I went to visit him in the hospital with my parents last Saturday. Here's a picture from our visit.
On a lighter note, Addison also had her first experience in the swimming pool on April 18th! She did so good and absolutely loved the water! I suppose it helped that the pool water was extremely warm. We probably swam for 2.5 hours that morning before heading down to Rochester to visit Great-Grandpa. She had a great time playing with her new friend, Elle, who's only one week older than Addison. Elle's dad is our Loan Officer...that's right...we've been preapproved for a mortgage and are working on getting our house ready to put on the market!!! Ideally, we'd like to move to Bloomington, but it may end up that we'll stay in Blaine and get more house for our money...I guess we'll see once we actually get an offer on our house :) Anyway, here are a few pictures from her first swim!
She loved her lilypad!
The "bath squirters" we brought were a big hit!
Addison & Mama
Addison & Daddy
Lastly, I just love sharing videos of our sweet baby. The older she gets, the more she absolutely loves bathtime! I just had to get some video of our little pumpkin splashing it up in the tub! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment