Well, yesterday was my first day back at work in nearly 4 months, and I have to say it went better than I thought it would. I was all prepared to be bawling on the way in to work, so I had Adam drive me, but surprisingly, I really didn't cry. Sure, I was super sad and teared up a little after we dropped Addison off at daycare, but I didn't bawl. When explaining myself to coworkers (who all want to know if I cried or not...weird...), I've just told them that I was confident in our daycare decision, it's not a situation I can really change at this point since I have to work and can't stay home, so there's no point in crying about it because it just is what it is. Not to sound totally uncaring because I love my little pumpkin, but I know she's in the best place she can be next to just being home with me.
Addison's daycare lady (Sandra) is great! I can tell that she truly loves the kids and is going to be a great caregiver to Addison. Addison's first day at daycare was spent sleeping for the first 3 hours, eating, sleeping some more, looking at the other kids, and eating again...oh...and she "blew out" once! Honestly, all she does is eat, sleep, and poop at this point...not a whole lot going on :) I did call Sandra once yesterday and once today to check on our little girl, and Sandra has said more than once what a great job we've done raising such a good baby. That's really nice to hear because no one wants their kid to be crying all day and causing havoc at daycare. I still wish I could be home with my baby all the time, but in the mean time (before I win the lottery), I think Sandra's doing a great job and Addison has done a awesome job adjusting to her new routine!
Quincy Place Christmas
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment