Sunday, June 8, 2008

6 Month Update

It's official...I'M HUGE! You know you're big when strangers come up to you and ask when you're baby's due. Scary thing is...I still have over 3 months to go and I'm only going to get bigger! No matter how I look though, I'm still super excited about all the changes my body's going through. We had our 24 week appointment on Friday and the doctor said that everything still looks really good. The baby's kicking all the time and her heart sounds great! At our next appointment, we'll have a second ultrasound to make sure the shadow we saw on her heart at 20 weeks has gone away.
A few milestone events occurred since the last time I posted. I had my first Braxton-Hicks contractions on May 27th, likely caused by dehydration because I hadn't yet increased my water intake since getting bigger. Last Thursday (6/5), I had my first bout of edema (swelling)...again probably caused by not drinking enough water...I promise, I'm drinking water, apparently just not enough. And finally, yesterday morning (6/7), Adam finally felt our baby kick!!! It's funny because he's put his hand on my belly several times with no luck...she's stubborn just like her mommy :) Then, he got advice from his mom to lay next to me tummy-to-tummy and guess what...it worked! He was a little surprised that a kick doesn't yet feel like a kick, more like a quick vibration. However, he was excited and I'm glad he can finally feel what I'm feeling...kind of :)

We also had a busy weekend painting our house. This past week, we hired a contractor to put up seamless gutters and new siding on the front, garage, and front-side of our house. Up until now, this part of the house was sided with a combination of masonite planks and faux stucco...yuck!!! We love the masonite board look, but could not stand the stucco. After much searching (on Adam's part), we found a contractor who still sides houses with masonite (comparable) products. He also was able to offer us a masonite-like product that resembles cedar shakes. I think it turned out great! Thanks to help from my dad, the three of us were able to get the new siding primed and painted all in one weekend!!! Thank you dad! Adam owes you big time!

Front of house

Front-side of house

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is true! A woman does get more beautiful. You are glowing! This morning was the first time I logged in and I loved reading every word.